Immigration Advice Centre Ltd

Specialists in Immigration and Asylum Law

LOGO back-blue

CONTACT US TODAY ON 01642 219222


Twitter square blue large Facebook square blue small Google + square red large

UK Immigration & UK Visas

UK Family Visa Categories


A family visa is for someone who is the partner, spouse, civil partner, child or dependent relative of someone who is a British citizen. You may also be related to someone who has a UK Visa or is applying for a UK Visa.


A family Visa is a route for the family of UK citizens and Visa holders to come to the UK. If you would like advice on your situation click here.


UK Visit Visa Categories


A UK Tourist Visitor Visa is for a person who wishes to come and visit the UK to travel or even if they wish to take a long holiday and simply relax!


You can stay for up to six months and although you cannot work or study, you may experience the culture and travel around the UK. The Tourist Visitor Visa is for people who want to visit the UK on holiday. For detailed advice on your situation click here.


Tier 1 Visa Categories


If you are Highly Skilled and would like to enter the UK and work for a British company you must first apply for a UK Tier 1 Visa. Tier 1 of the Points Based immigration System (PBS) is structured to allow non-EEA nationals who will contribute most to the economy to enter and live and work to the UK.


A Tier 1 Visa application doesn't require the applicant to have a sponsor. It is solely based on the applicant successfully achieving points. To get detailed advice about tier 1, click here.


Tier 2 Visa Categories


If you are a medium or highly skilled worker and would like to work in the UK you must first obtain a Tier 2 Visa.


Tier 2 of the Points Based immigration System (PBS) is designed for work permits for sponsored employees. Tier 2 visas are for medium and highly skilled workers interested in living and working in the UK. To apply for a Tier 2 Visa, applicants will need to have a confirmed offer of employment with a UK based company.


If you are already in the UK on a permit in a closed category you may be required to extend your stay as a Tier 2 migrant and there may be transitional arrangements which apply to your application. We can assist you with your application or provide you with detailed advice on the procedure. To get detailed advice about Tier 2, click here.


UK Study Visa Categories


If you want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to find somewhere to study and you intend to study in the UK, Prospective Student Visas allow you 6 months to find the right place.


There are a number of conditions, as you must be prepared to leave the UK after 6 months on a Prospective Student Visa. Also you must genuinely want to study here and will need to provide proof that you are actively looking for somewhere to study. Finally, your chosen institution must be from a UK Border Agency approved list.


Once you have decided on where you want to study then you will require a visa to enter and remain in the UK. Immigration Advice Centre can help you make this application to give you the best possible chance of success. To get advice about UK study visas, click here.


UK Appeals


If your UK visa application to enter or remain in the UK has been refused, then you have the right to appeal this decision to the Immigration and Asylum Chamber (IAC).


This is a separate court system where your case will be heard by an Immigration judge who is independant of the UK Border Agency. It is your only opportunity to get a decision changed and with Immigration Advice Centre's experienced advocates to represent you, your appeal will be in safe hands. To get advice about an appeal and instruct us to represent you at court, click here.



IAC can assist you to apply for entry clearance and leave to remain. We can also assist you with an appeal or administrative review. Contact us now on 01642 219222 for advice or email See our telephone/email advice page for more details.

Visa Categories

Immigration Advice Centre

UK Family Visa


    Spouse/Marriage Visa

    Fiancé Visa

    Unmarried Partners 

    Civil Partner Visa 

    Dependant Relative Visa 

    Ancestry Visa

    Family Visit Visa

    Marriage Visit Visa


UK Visit Visa


    Business Visit Visa

    Entertainment Visit Visa

    General Visit Visa

    Special Visit Visa

    Sports Visit Visa

    Tourist Visit Visa

    Academic Visit Visa

    Marriage Visit Visa

    Student Visit Visa


Tier 1 Visa


    Tier 1 - Investor Visa

    Tier 1 - Prospective Entrepreneur

    Tier 1 - Entrepreneur Visa

    Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent Visa

    Tier 1 - Post Study Work


Tier 2 Visa


    Tier 2 - Work Permit

    Tier 2 - Change of Employment

    Tier 2 - Intra Company Transfers


Tier 4 Visa


    Tier 4 - UK Student Visa

    Prospective Student Visa

    Student Visit Visa


Tier 5 Visa


    Tier 5 Visa - Creative and Sporting

    Tier 5 Visa - Youth Mobility Scheme


Immigration Appeal


     Visa appeal 

     Appeal fees guide


Other Visas/applications


     Indefinite leave to remain

     Humanitarian Protection

     Discretionary Leave to Remain

     UK Sponsorship License

     UK Settlement Visa

     UK Visa Extension

     UK right of Abode

     EEA Residence Permit

     Asylum Application/Fresh Claim

     Long Residence Visa

     Private life  

     Access to a Child

     UK Citizenship

     UK Naturalisation

     Register a Child

    Ancestry Visa

    EEA Permanent residence

    EEA Surinder Singh

    EEA derivative rights of residence